Tuesday, June 28, 2016

WHAT A WEEK.

Hermana Lewis' mom is Wonder Woman so she sent us glasses and a
giant tootsie pop

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
I love being a missionary. I have so many things I want to write about but one is how fun Hispanic weddings are-haha! Lots of really good food and really good people and the temple and it's GREAT.
The beautiful Memphis Temple



We didn't go to the sealing but we
took pictures before the reception


The happy couple

Last week we had our mission tour, and one of the things that Sister Arnold talked about was being clean and virtuous. If you have a picture of Christ, imagine that you are the glass that protects the picture. If there is a little bit of a smudge, it's distracting from the picture beneath. Or if there's a big crack or a lot of paint or something, you can't see the picture. Like the glass we need to make sure that we are repenting everyday and keeping ourselves clean on the inside and out so that when people look at us they don't see us but they see Christ through us. Also making sure that even if our glass is clean, it is Christ that they are seeing, not something of the world or something else. Hermana Lewis told us a story about when they were in a class at church and after the lesson she didn't 'remember a single thing the teacher taught but she remembers exactly what she wore, and it was very beautiful and flashy. It's so important to take care of our bodies and spirits and show respect to Christ, but always making sure we leave ourselves at the door and focus on others as we go throughout our day. I just thought that was so profound!

With that in mind, we have been working hard and doing what we can to always repent and change and be honest with ourselves if what we are doing is something that would help others see Christ through us and if it is the best use of our time in that moment.
Wonder Woman Powers

We had a really neat experience with this family we have been working with. I think I told you before when Hermana Lewis got hit by a car a on her bike and the less active lady came and talked to us right after? Well we are now teaching her children and seriously they are the most amazing and prepared and mature and loving people! The kids have been through so much but they came to church with their copies of the Book of Mormon in hand and they listened and stayed for all three hours and the talks and lessons were AWESOME and it was the best day ever.

Also there is an older lady who just got baptized a few months ago, and her grand-kids are coming to church with her now too and it's so fun. I love to be a missionary and see the teachings of Jesus Christ change lives.

We are still teaching Yajaira who is the FUNNIEST person I have met on my mission. She is a hoot! I asked her for advice the other day and this is what she told me:

"1. Always keep yourself in your best interest. Watch out for yourself
2. Follow your first instinct, keep on the path that you're going on [my favorite]
3. Always cook with herbs. And love. Never throw or chop your herbs, always tie them up and stick them in to steam because you never know who doesn't want herbs!
4. Always take a bath. Go and lay down with some Epsom salts and take some personal time
5. When you wake up in the morning before you even get out of bed just take 10 minutes to yourself to think about your life -this is what happened yesterday, this is where I'm at, this is what I'm doing today."

I wish I would have filmed it, it was so funny! With those wise words from Yajaira, I also want you all to know how much I love the scriptures, all the standard works are true and so necessary and SO awesome! I am so blessed. I love the temple. Keep the end goal in mind.

Much love,
Hermana Macfarlane
Especially important is the note at the bottom of the white board.

Silly

No comments:

Post a Comment