Thursday, June 9, 2016

Menfizzzzz

My favs
Katie, Autumn, Hna Macfarlane, Tasha and Charlie
Cute Amber

Some of the Davis family and some of the Eastmans (and the mac n cheese they gave me because it's so good. I took it home and put it on Doritos and cheese)
We were early for the transfer can


Bye Sam

Algunas de las hermanas despues de la clase de ingles

Surprise from Hermana Moore at Transfers!!!!!! Yayayay

Sister Hardway would kill me but she's an angel so not really (Frank is Brittish)
Sherri
Fern (Sherri's sister)

Bye Bye

The Smith's (Angels/Ward Mission Leaders)

She surprised me coming out of the stall.
All packed up
Bye Russellville!



HOLA FROM MEMPHIS!!!!!!

Holy cow. We have officially crossed from "yeah maybe I could use a cardigan" to "absolutely not." It's so humid!!! But the ridiculous thing is that I like it ... AH! I probably won't be saying that mid July but right now it's kind of fun. Like as we sit here in our apartment I'm breaking a sweat and I feel like I'm taking a hot shower but hey, it's great. I was sad to leave Russellville because I love so so many people there! There are a lot of sweet angels that blessed my life so much and really helped us out a ton. And there were a lot of people I didn't get to say goodbye to either! But all is well because Memphis is super super great!!
We have arrived.
Memphis Temple
 
Hair Flips
She actually wasn't holding anything ...
First of all, my new companion Hermana Lewis is a saint. She is in her last transfer and is so determined to work as hard as she can and it's so fun! We really have enjoyed these last few days together. She has really awesome Spanish (even after spending two transfers as an English sister training leader) and she's devoted to God, she is a master at obedience and teaching and all that good stuff. I'm really lucky to learn from her before she has to leave! Oh and she's so beautiful. Seriously. We have seen so many miracles since I've been here! I am, as always, short on time so here is one that was really fun:


We are on a double bike week because the car was crashed, so we have been biking EVERYWHERE. Maybe it's like not that much to other people but going from full car for a month and a half to biking 15 + miles a day is crazy and actually refreshing because I've always enjoyed bike week. (Mostly, I like it because it means we are exempt from running for exercise in the morning because we are too tired, haha! But also it's fun to be out and about and talk to everyone.) Anyway, we were biking home from an appointment we just had at about 9:05ish the other night. (Side note: the sidewalks here are decent on some streets but there are random cement slots that just for some reason are holes and they come out of nowhere. And there's glass, branches, trees, barbed wire, frogs, and bumps all over the place.) We were cruisin' on home and we stopped at a light and realized Hermana Lewis had a flat tire! So we stopped and pumped it up and we could hear the hiss and feel it, it was a giant hole. So we decided to just pump it up real good and ride like the wind to make it over this big hill and then we could walk the rest of the way as needed. I ain't never seen nobody ride so fast! Haha It was funny until we came to one of those random pieces of sidewalk that just wasn't there and it is right as you are coming down a hill. So, Hermana Lewis couldn't stop in time because I would have run into her and she would have flipped over or something so she hit it and the books in her basket went flying (not to mention the new ward roster that was just printed out) and we scrambled to pick everything up before it got damaged from the RAIN that just started pouring.


Biking adventures in Memphis
After we got everything back into the baskets, she started pumping up the tire again because it had gone a little bit flat, when this guy pulls over and is like "HEY! Do y'all remember me? Do you need some help?" Turns out the sisters had met him the other day at Subway and he recognized us and pulled over to help. He didn't have any tape and we aren't allowed to ride with men so we just said thank you and he went on his way. Well at this point it was probably 9:20ish and we were wet and very sweaty and still had a hole in her tire, about 10 minutes from the apartment. I felt very prompted that we needed to say a prayer and ask specifically that her tire would do it's job to get us home so we could be safe in our apartment in time and that my tires would work too. As soon as we said the prayer the Subway guy comes running down the street telling us he just found some electrical tape that might be able to help. The coolest part was that as we pumped up the tire again, there was no sound and no air escaping. We thought maybe the mud was caking it so the air wouldn't escape. We said thank you for the tape and the tender mercy and rode like the wind again on to our apartment. Hermana Lewis said her tire was totally fine and the second we rolled into the parking lot, it went completely flat. And we got in right at 9:30. What a miracle it was for us to pray and to see such immediate blessings from a loving Heavenly Father! I know that God listens to and answers our prayers. He cares about the big things-the investigators progressing to baptism and the less active members coming to church and helping us to create spiritual environments-but he also cares about the little things, the flat tires and the small but significant opportunities to share the gospel.


Was the best meal oh my gosh.
Yes I know that story was long and now I don't have time to tell the others. Except wait we were putting my bike in the back and we have to lift it over the fence and it was SO HILARIOUS because this cop car comes rolling by with his lights flashing and yelling stuff into the microphone and he slowed down and said stuff right as we lifted the bike above our heads and we both had like half a second of absolute pure fear. Hahaha it was so funny. We could see our reflections in the sliding door in front of us and we looked so guilty holding this bike over our heads at 9:15 at night hahahaha dang it it was so funny. 😊

Video: Her first time cooking in 18 months so we had to document it.

I'm so happy here and I love the gospel!! There are some amazing people here in Memphis! The Hermanas here have done good work and there are a lot of people ready to accept the gospel! And the members seem really awesome, too. We have made it our goal to be full faith missionaries this transfer.

I recently read 2 Nephi 2:6. It says that Christ is FULL of grace and truth. Nothing can penetrate him, there is no room for evil or for temptation. Any temptations or distractions that come his way are deflected because he is full to the brim of grace and truth! I think that's such a cool concept to be so full and so consecrated that nothing but goodness comes from it.

I hope all is well and dry there in Utah and wherever you other people are. :) I love the gospel, I love the scriptures, I love my family, I love Memphis, and I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ!


Hermana Macfarlane
 

Video: The grand tour


 Video: Outside

 Video: Biscuits and Gravy

Video: Spilling the Biscuits and Gravy

Video: Hair 

Video: And, some more hair

No comments:

Post a Comment