Wednesday, August 17, 2016

HOORAY FOR ANOTHER GREAT WEEK



This is Thelma. She is the cutest.
This week we had exchanges and Sister Hyer came to Memphis with me (she's an English STL so it was me teaching with the members which is hilarious and fun). She reminded me of the analogy of the trumpet.. If there is a rusty and out of tune trumpet, God can still play the tune but imagine how much easier it would be as a clean new shiny trumpet. God is going to get his work done, but we will get something out of it too if we are submissive and obedient. Sister Hyer came out at the same time as me and we have been sister training leaders for the same amount of time so it was way fun to talk about what we've learned and see how far we have progressed over the past year!
Sister Hyer and Me

MIRACLES WITH THE MARQUEZ FAMILY. So for the last ... like 4 or 5 months the sisters have been teaching and dropping by and trying again with this family. Their grandma is a recent convert so we would go teach her and mostly her granddaughters. We taught the dad last week but this week we focused on the mom and it was BEAUTIFUL. She told us the first time the sisters went over, they prayed with her and her mom and she said she felt the sweetest feeling and she cried. She wasn't sure why but she was so happy. (This is absolutely shocking seeing as since then, she was very quiet and timid and didn't really seem interested.) I guess something changed and she was able to open up to us and she basically asked to be baptized and then THE ENTIRE FAMILY OF 8 CAME ON SUNDAY. It was so sweet and they were so happy. And the little girl got gum stuck all over the pew (is that how you spell the word for church bench??) and it stuck to her bum and followed her in a long string all the way out the chapel hahaha! They are so so sweet and could definitely use prayers as they make changes to accept their first covenant of baptism!!!!
Going to birthday lunch

Most peaceful quesadilla cutter ... Aww


I was studying in 1 Nephi 19 and then I read the last two chapters in Luke and it was really cool to read about the prophesy and then the account of what happened as the Savior performed the Atonement. We have had to testify a lot of the Atonement this week and I learned again that I need to apply the things I learn for others into my own life. I can repent of any sin and ask for help with any problem because God loves me and wants the best for me and for the people that I love so much here in Memphis!! It hit me again this week how profound and cool it is - just the simple statement that God is our loving Heavenly Father.

Hermana Madsen is the best. We are killing off these roaches ONE BY ONE IF WE HAVE TO BUT WE WILL KILL THEM ALL. (P.S. Shout out to Sister Hyer who had a cockroach drop down from our ceiling onto her shirt and handled it very well.)

Hermana Macfarlane

From June when Elder and Sister Arnold came.

No comments:

Post a Comment