Monday, April 11, 2016

Russellville Welcomes Hermana Brown!

Hermanas Hudson, Ponce, Reed, Macfarlane, Brown
Oh man okay so k left my keyboard at the apartment and we are at the church but the elders forgot to unlock the computers so I'm left to typing on my giant iPad thing and my fingers are tired already holy cow my hands are tiny.
Made a sign. It lasted like an hour.

7 1/2 months later and WE ARE FINALLY TOGETHER. Hermana Brown is from Huntsville Utah, she comes from a huge family, and she's the best. We met for the first time in the airport in Atlanta and had the privilege of being companions for a day in the mission home (she came from the Mexico MTC). We are both relatively quiet in groups but we talk non-stop when we are together. We like peanut butter. We are very much still learning Spanish. We love dogs. We have a goal to be more fluent than Hermana Ponce by the end of this transfer (we have three more weeks). And we aren't morning people. I'm so excited to be her companion! I have already seen how her testimony has and will bless many people here in Russellville.

Last day, stuck at a train crossing

I'm also really grateful for the chance I had to be companions with Herman a reed for 3 1/2 weeks! She helped me have confidence in speaking Spanish and talking with everyone and though it is really tough to go home early, especially from an injury, she handled it with courage and faith and I'm grateful for her example! I will miss her!! But it is the Lord's will and as Hermana brown says, the Lord's time is perfect.


A few highlights from this week were:

Exchanges not only with sister Nelson but Hermana Ponce too!! They came to me here in Russellville while Hermana Reed went to Conway with Sister Mendicino. I was amazed by Hermana Ponce and sister nelson's wisdom, kindness, willingness, and most of all their love. I am seriously so blessed to be serving under their care! (Sister Mendicino is awesome too. I love her. I just haven't gotten to go on exchanges with her yet so I don't know her as well. But I definitely feel loved by her as well.) We had a really fun few lessons, one was with a guy who I had seen outside earlier in the week and gave a card and felt impressed to go knock on his door again. We were with brother Carnathan so it worked out. We all sat out on his porch  and talked about the purpose of life and how to overcome sadness from loved ones dying. Beautiful testimonies were shared and my testimony was strengthened as they all shared experiences and tender mercies of Christ in their lives.Then later that evening we went to see another investigator who has no Christian background. SO FUN to teach someone that God is merciful and has made a plan for us when we sin so that we can, through Christ, come back to Him. It was way too fun and Hermana Ponce even got a few kisses from her little boy! Hahaha very nice.

Farewell breakfast

After a tearful goodbye to Hermana Reed, the four of us went to lunch to an awesome Greek restaurant. I think I like Greek food is at least in my top five now! It was so awesome. It was so fun to talk with Hermana Ponce and Hermana Hudson again. They are hilarious and I love them a lot. We are looking forward to having exchanges again this transfer. :) :) they're cool.
Awesome last breakfast with cute Sam and Hermana Reed

GENERAL CONFERENCE IS SO COOL. Isn't it amazing that we get to listen to the prophet?! And the apostles and other leaders?! MAN it's so cool. I especially loved the way they all were very genuine. Even the person conducting would say "we are all going to sing..." with seriousness and excitement! I loved the hymns and I learned that songs are like prayers and need to be sung as such!

Packing up at the end of exchanges


Hilarious no hair picture
I also LOVED the focus on the love of God. Like Elder Holland said, the first great commandment is to love God and the first truth of heaven is that He loves us. It was so powerful! I have been studying "I am a child of God" and what that hymn means REALLY for me. I know in my mind and I believe in my heart that God loves me, and I love Him. He doesn't forget us. He sent us here and gave us homes and families for our happiness, preparation, and learning.
District Role Play

I love missionary work and I'm so happy to be serving here in Russellville!! :)

Much love,
Hermana Macfarlane


Baby calf the day before it died


Learning how to make chocolate gravy!
 Blowing the train whistle for the last time:



 The baby calf:



 Michael Buble's "I'm Coming Home" came on the night before Reed left:

No comments:

Post a Comment